Way back in April, the 10th to be exact, my blogging friend Cindy of On and Over the Hills surprised me by nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award. I was very surprised and flattered, but unwilling to accept… too shy I guess.
Then there is the nominating of 15 other bloggers who deserve this award… good grief! Do I even know fifteen other bloggers?
Oh, and of course there are the rules. Five of them . . .
These are the rules:
- Thank the person who honored you and give a link to their blog.
- Tell 7 random facts about yourself.
- Pass the award to 15 new-found bloggers.
- Contact each blogger onto whom you pass the award and let them know.
- Let the giver of the award know you accept it or not.
Seven Random Facts
- I was born in Wichita Falls, Texas. My mother, unwilling to give birth to me alone in California, hopped on a bus, and went to be with my Dad who was stationed there. Imagine it, nine months pregnant and riding a bus all that way! In the 1950s! Now imagine this: She got there, had me, and then my Dad was shipped out two weeks later to March AFB! Oh the irony.
- I am the oldest of four siblings. At this writing my sister, the youngest, and I are the only two left.
- Did I mention I love gardening?
- How about geese?
- My home is furnished in vintage eclectic fashion. I have some very old and lovely things… some days I want to push it all out to the curb and replace it with all new. I dream of smooth surfaces, no clutter, and all bright and shiny. Yeah sure, why don’t I just cut off my right arm while I’m at it.
- I love to write, but I am such a perfectionist that often much of what I type stays right here on my computer. Blogging with all of you is helping me to get over my hesitance with chaining words into cogent thought. (So how long does it take me to go from writing to posting? Well, this acceptance was started in September… but I think other issues must be included in this example of tardiness. 😉 )
- I love to sew! I learned how from my mother who used to take apart last year’s clothing cast-offs, from my aunt, and remake them into lovely outfits for me to wear. My first attempt at sewing was a dirndl skirt for my Chatty Kathy doll. I was seven and sewed it by hand (too young to use the sewing machine). The hem was a bit dippy, but I was so proud of it! This summer I have begun to teach myself how to quilt and I must say it is going well, and I am loving it almost as much as writing.
Now here is where I am supposed to award and nominate fifteen other bloggers!!! Hello… I don’t know fifteen other bloggers. Nevertheless, I chose these lovely people whose interests are close to my heart:
- Creekwood Farm ~ Juliet is a new Alabama friend who shares my love of country living. She has children, goats, chickens, a real farm, and she shares them all in lovely photos. She is so blessed! *(I just found out recently that Juliet has given up her farm animals and pulled her web page. She loved her livestock, but leads a very busy life, and so I certainly understand her hard decision!)
- Scratch and Peck ~ Lauren is the gifted proprietor of this website. Her chicken’s stories are spun out of love for them through her talented illustrations and wonderful humor! She writes children’s books about their antics too!
- Luci! ~ Luci has been my friend for a very long time. She is so talented and I am envious of what she can accomplish with pastels, paper and scissors! She blogs, but IMHO not nearly so much as she could, or I would like. But then, when you illustrate all your blog entries, plus live a very busy life, well, then you get what she can offer when she has the time.
- Tales from the Coop Keeper ~ Jayme is the kind of friend I wish I had living next door to me. She’s fun to be with, domestically talented, hilarious, loves her chickens and her gardens, makes instructional videos on various topics, and often she is inspirational. It is uncanny how her inspiration will come when needed most. How does she know? Through her videos you will learn how to make anything from laundry soap to bread, how to harvest your bees honey, and more! Mostly, she makes me laugh. Why? Because I recognize myself in much that she says and does.
- jmgoyder ~ Julie is an Australian bird lover who cares for all sorts of feathered friends from chickens to emus! She also has a talent for writing, as in, she’ll have you laughing one moment and in tears the next! She is new to blogging, but I think she has flair!
So that’s my list. I’m sorry that it falls far short of the requested 15, but really 15 is a very tall order, don’t you think?
Cindy, Thank you so much for thinking of me and the nomination. It makes me smile to know that you enjoy reading my adventures with your morning tea.
PS: Would someone kindly tell me how to put this award into my sidebar? Thanks! 🙂