Big Changes are coming

I am getting ready to change my blog’s domain name.  I have always hated it and didn’t understand how everything worked when I set it up.  I am also going to a premium plan to get rid of ads and be able to sell my products directly via Paypal.

If I understand how this works you should be redirected to my new web address.

I hope this works and that it will all be worth it in the end.  If the sales venture is a flop, then I will drop the premium plan but still retain the new domain name.

I am excited, yet apprehensive, so wish me luck I’m going to need it!

AND, if you have had experience in doing the above, any tips, help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your patience.

32 thoughts on “Big Changes are coming

1. katechiconi says:

Good luck! And I’ll be coming to you for advice when my time comes! As soon as I run out of space for my images and so on, I’ll need to switch to a paying plan… I’d really like to hang onto the same look and feel, and have no idea if it’s even possible. So much to learn!

2. shoreacres says:

I would have used my own name rather than ‘shoreacres’ when I began my blog, but like most people I was a little overly-concerned about privacy. That was a long time ago! I’ve thought about change, myself, but took the different tack of starting my photo blog with my real name as the URL, and cross-linking. Good luck with your changes! We’ll be patient!

3. Anita says:

Apparently many wordpress blogs are going through the same delima. I decided against getting a domain name because its only free for one year. After that you have two charges to pay. One for the premium plan and one for the domain name. Also, with costs of both wordpress and the domain increasing every year it will eventually be more costly. Will you be able to recover your investment? I don’t believe I could which is why I chose to not change.

4. Anita says:

Lynda the changes to wordpress are part of the reason I had decided to close my blog down. I’m still thinking about it. There is a way to switch back to the old editor. I believe if enough people find that and switch back maybe they will start paying attention. Start a post, new blank or one already started, Look for the three tiny dots up in the corner near the preview and publish buttons. Click the dots and it will bring out a drop down menu. Scroll way down to the bottom of the list and you should find a “switch to classic editor” link. Click it and your post reverts instantly. I’m not sure how long that link will continue to work but I’m grateful its there while I learn how to use the new editor a bit. If it becomes too complicated or too expensive I will definitely close it and move someplace else. Square space or tumbler or something. Or maybe just switch to vlogs.

• Lynda says:

I always use the classic editor. The new one that came out a few years back really limited what and how you could post your photos! Yes, classic is best!

5. tootlepedal says:

I am using the new editor and like it though it is a bit clunky to use for my sort of blog. I hope that your new venture goes well, Your vegetable garden looks excellent.

• Lynda says:

Thank you, Tom. I have been using the original editor this whole time. I do hope that the original option is still available to me after they roll out the next iteration. Apparently, it is on its way… sigh. I hate when they roll out the new bells and whistles with promises of greatness (and certain frustration). And, as the old saying goes, “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.” 😉

6. chatou11 says:

Hi Lynda, would not be of any help. I like your idea to sale your own products and I hope that this venture will be a success. Good luck.. but for me it would be a little too far lol…
    Take care
    chatou

• Lynda says:

“but for me it would be a little too far”

Chatou, don’t I know it! It generally costs me between $15 and $19 dollars to mail one quilt block for charity from here (Alabama, USA) to Australia. I do it anyway, because it is fun, but WOW that hurts the pocketbook to be sure. And thank you for the good wishes. I am looking forward to see how well I can do! ~L

7. Pam N. says:

LYNDA!! Congrats!! Yes, I love the new domain name! Good for you! I need to buy some quilt-y stuff, start sellin’!

Love you guys, miss you, and I hope you are doing well. Hey…. are you sewing masks?! I’m always on the lookout! 😀

• Lynda says:

Thank you, Pam! Making masks? No, but for you I would do it. Fan-folded or the new Face-Bra model? Give me some hints about what you would like and I will surprise you. ❤
      Quilt-y goodness is on the way. Soon as I get the blog under control and the Paypal button installed. However, it may be a bit before my pieced work is all back from the long-arm quilter. She is seriously backlogged! Seems all us quilting fools have been very busy while we were on quarantine.

As a state, we are out and about here in Alabama, but just this week we got the word, from Gov. "Ma" Ivey, that if we are in public we must be masked up. If wearing a mask is what it takes to get everyone back to work then it is a small thing to do and carries big benefits. Our nation needs to get back to work.

Love you both too! It has been such a long time since we all did Dega. NINE years too long. ❤

So how about that? Go on; say something!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s